Performing An SEO Audit For Your Site
We get how important it is for our partners to have confidence and a peace of mind when working with us. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions. Reach out to us if you have any further concerns.
SEO Audits Ensure Your Website Is Ready for Prime Time on Google
What Is An SEO Audit?
Every website is different, and while general on-page SEO principles apply to all, there’s a need to understand specific issues that might be hindering a website from ranking higher. An SEO audit is like a medical checkup for your website. It’s a comprehensive evaluation to determine how search-engine-friendly a website is. Just as doctors use various tests to diagnose problems, an SEO audit reviews multiple areas of a website to pinpoint issues affecting its visibility in search engines.
An SEO audit entails a series of checks and balances. It identifies errors, technical glitches, and other issues that could be affecting a site’s search performance. Once identified, these can be fixed to ensure the website has the best chance to rank well.
Conducting an SEO audit involves a thorough examination of a website’s backend, from its code to its on-page elements. When correctly executed, Google can precisely determine where your website fits within its vast index. A successful audit ensures you’re placed appropriately within search results, ideally closer to the top.
How Do We Execute On-Page SEO Optimisation?
Performing an SEO audit involves a deep dive into various aspects of a website. While a plethora of online tools and guides might hint at what needs fixing, it takes expertise to truly understand the intricacies. Here’s a snapshot of our meticulous process:
- Technical Analysis: Ensures that search engines can access and index a website efficiently. Issues like broken links, 404 errors, or slow-loading pages can hamper this, negatively affecting user experience and search rankings.
- On-Page Analysis: Focuses on keyword usage, meta titles, descriptions, header tags, and more. For instance, if your site is about “premium leather shoes”, we ensure the content, tags, and meta descriptions are optimally structured for this keyword.
- Content Review: Examines the quality, depth, and structure of website content. Content should be engaging, relevant, and offer value to the reader. If a blog post discusses “how to care for leather shoes”, it should provide comprehensive, actionable tips.
- Backlink Analysis: Backlinks are akin to endorsements. If reputable sites link to yours, search engines consider your site trustworthy. We assess the quality of incoming links and remove or disavow any that might be harmful.
- User Experience (UX) Assessment: A website should not only be search-engine-friendly but also user-friendly. We look at site design, navigation, mobile responsiveness, and more. For example, a shoe e-commerce site should allow users to easily filter by size, color, and brand.
- Competitor Benchmarking: By analyzing what top-ranking competitors are doing right, we can devise strategies to outperform them. If most competitors have detailed blog posts about leather shoe types, your site should offer even more in-depth content.
Is An SEO Audit a One-time Thing?
No. Digital landscapes evolve, and what works today might not be as effective tomorrow. Periodic SEO audits ensure that a website remains optimized and updated with the latest SEO best practices. It’s like routinely servicing a car; it ensures smooth and optimal performance.
Why is SEO Audit Essential?
At its core, an SEO audit highlights what’s working and what isn’t. It provides actionable insights to improve organic search performance. Just as a mechanic diagnoses car issues before fixing them, an SEO audit identifies website problems to rectify them, paving the way for better search visibility.
With NightOwl SEO, you get a thorough, no-stone-unturned SEO audit, coupled with strategic recommendations to propel your site to its maximum search potential.