On-site SEO involves adding new contents and modifying existing contents to be more relevant to the keywords you want to rank for. Once you understand what keywords to target, use this list when adding or modifying your website’s contents in order to improve in search engine rankings.
How Do I Optimize My On-Site for SEO Purpose?
Be sure to have a lot of time on your hands, as you will be going through every single page of your website. You should also have a solid understanding of how On-Site SEO works.
We have compiled the following lists to help you maximize your website rankings. If you run your blog or website on popular CMS like WordPress, you should not face much difficulties in changing these elements. Otherwise, consult with your web developer before attempting so you don’t inadvertently mess with the codes.
- Page Title: You can insert your targeted keywords on the titles of each page of your website. Make sure your title reflects the content of the page accurately, as it is one of the most deciding factor when search engines evaluate your website content.
- Headings: These are usually the biggest words on the pages of your website or blog. Because of that, search engines tend to put a bit more weight on headings compared to other page copies on your site. It will do you good to incorporate your targeted keywords into each of your webpage’s headings. As with your title, ensure these headings reflect their content accurately. Don’t incorporate them just for the sake of doing so for SEO.
- URL: Whenever possible, try to incorporate your targeted keywords into your URLs. The point here is “whenever possible”, so don’t go around changing all of your site’s URLs just to incorporate your targeted keywords. Consult with an SEO professional first if you’re dead serious about changing all your existing URLs for SEO purposes.
- Alt Text for Images: For each images you put on your site or blog, you can add an alternate text to them. In most browsers, they are the text that you see when you hover your mouse over an image, or if the image won’t load for some reason. Alt texts help ordinary website visitors better understand your image’s contents. Search engines evaluate your website’s images the same way. As such, it’s best to describe your images by incorporating your targeted keywords in your images’ alt texts, but only to the extent that they are relevant. Doing so will help your webpage rank better in search engine results.
- Page Load Speed: Maximizing your site’s loading speed will help it rank higher in search engine results. Why? It’s because search engines such as Google want to assist people in finding what they need as fast as possible in order to give them the best possible user experience.
- Content: It goes without saying that in order for your webpages to rank high on search engine results, its contents must be very useful to people. When they conduct searches for certain topics or keywords on the Internet via search engines, they must be able to find what they are looking for. This means if you want your page to rank high in search engine results for targeted keywords, then your website and blog must contain high quality and relevant content.
- Internal Links: These refer to the links that direct people to other useful pages within your website. This is another useful feature that can help your company or e-commerce site rank higher in search engine results.
Tips: Prioritize optimizing the most important pages in your website. You want to start from your homepage, then your products/services page, your articles, and so on.
On-site SEO makes it possible for your company or e-commerce website to be read by search engine robots and potential clients. If you are able to do this right, your website can be understood and navigated easily by search engines and potential customers. In other words, your business will be en route to better rankings and improved visibility, which will affect your bottom lines in a good way.
Once you optimized your website contents for SEO, you can start venturing into more advanced techniques involving off-site optimization. For the best result, you should hire an SEO expert as they will be able to make a solid SEO strategy suited to your business.